Sunday 22 November 2015

Petition for a 3 day weekend...

Hello all!

I hope you've had a lovely weekend. I have mostly spent this Sunday in a seated position with a heated blanket wrapped around me; I feel like this is the manner in which a Sunday should be spent. 

I think this post will mostly be about food. 

Firstly... everyone needs to go to Egg in Liverpool. It's a vegetarian/vegan cafe in Newington. It doesn't have a particularly extensive menu, but what it may lack in choice is made up for in a core few delicious dishes! The 'specialties' change around frequently and to name a few that I've sampled, I've enjoyed a Quorn satay, a lovely leek and cream cheese quiche, sumptuous veggie burgers... all dishes are accompanied with a delightful pasta and bulgur wheat salad. You can take your own alcoholic drinks in if you pay a £1 corkage fee, and then there's the cakes... So, go to Egg. 

Then... Yay for the German Markets in Liverpool! There's nothing quite like a traditional German Chinese BBQ Street Food box. Ha! While a little off the usual curry worst and Erdinger track, it was actually quite nice. My bestie and I went wandering around the market before embarking on bar crawl (and ending up Out Out) and delighted in a Gluhwein. It felt thoroughly festive! 

On reflection, my eating habits of late have been awful. My arteries will not be thanking me right now, and with Christmas approaching, it's not likely to get better. To add further to my woes, it's absolutely arctic out there so I really don't feel like running at the moment. I just hope my clothes don't start ripping at the seams. Watch this space for some panic dieting post-Christmas. 

I often wonder how other people regard food. I don't know if I'm abnormal, but I just never seem to want to stop eating. I love food. I get so much joy from it. If I didn't run, I would most certainly be a size 20. How do people stop this? Do I need to change my mindset for food? As much as I enjoy food, I quite often get a sense of guilt from binging on that whole bag of popcorn that I didn't need, or that Koko noodle box that I 'needed' because I couldn't be bothered cooking after a busy day in work. Does anyone else get that? How can I make my willpower better and perhaps avoid that extra fruity flapjack biscuit because it's just sat there looking at me in work?

Anyway, on that note, we're headed to the bestie's for dinner tonight. And tomorrow is Monday... already?!

Hope you've all had a nice weekend. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment