Saturday 14 November 2015

Hi!

So... 

Hi!

It's quite early on a Sunday morning and I've been awake for a while now, listening to the wind battering against the house and in a bid to keep myself occupied, I've downloaded The Sims to my phone, and also decided to start a blog.

This is something I've dabbled in before, but never stuck to.

I failed a blog designed to make me a bit more fashion forward, and another once aimed at inspiring other ACCA students lost in the world of exams and work experience. Needless to say, I finished studying and I'm no more fashionable for it. 

There's no real aim for this blog other than to document some thoughts, provoke others' thoughts and maybe (read: likely) just to rant.

Topics that are present in my life at the moment include:


  • Running - I'm a keen runner with a Good for Age place in the next London Marathon. Providing I make it there injury free (or even with minor injury) this will be a life goal fulfilled. I love running. I genuinely believe it keeps me sane and it also means I can take part in my other favourite activity...
  • Eating - I love food. I think my favourite is pizza, but generally anything with melted cheese on is a winner. I'm not a very good cook however, and I'm generally quite lazy when it comes to cooking. Despite my lazy attitude to cooking, my husband and I want to own a food related business together one day; something like a greasy spoon or a food van. One day.
  • Work - yes! I'm one of those people that does enjoy going to work each morning. I work with a bunch of lovely people, doing a job that I've worked hard to get, and facing challenges that I enjoy every day. That's not to say I don't have the odd bad day, but who doesn't? 
  • House decoration - This is a topic that I can't escape, although wish I could. I mentioned before that I was lazy... Well, we bought a project of a house and then didn't do a lot to it. Many workmen have entered our house and commented on how good a job our plasterer did on the hall stairs and landing (4 years ago, still not painted or wallpapered over it). We've also been searching for someone to fit our bathroom for the last year and made zero progress. We will get there one day, I just don think that day is any time soon.
  • Travelling - Whether we are headed to Wales for a walking weekend, or to Canada for our next big adventure, I love seeing different places. I've not done the whole travelling for a year and sleeping in hostels type thing, and not really had a desire to if I'm honest. Instead, I've worked hard to be able to afford nice holidays with my husband. Our next big one is a driving holiday round Canada and I cannot wait! Also can't wait to go to Holland in a few weeks time and visit my aunt.
As for today, I'm going to go for a run and brave the weather and then maybe for a ferry trip across the Mersey, just because. We shall see what I can find to rant about next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment